This is one of a number of models created by the Seaglam
Model Making Project, supported by Armada Model Designs. The complete
list of Seaforth architectural models, with links to their web pages,
is as follows:
The Seaforth Stella Picture House was opened in December 1920 and was
designed by the Southport architect, George E Tonge. It had 1,250 seats
(stalls and balcony).
It was Independently operated until 1943 when it became part of Bedford
cinemas (1928) Ltd. It closed in July 1958, and reopened in May 1959
as a roller skating rink. The building was demolished in 1964 and the
site was redeveloped as the Stella Shopping Precinct.
This model of the Stella picture house's facade was scratch-built using
mounting board and 160 gsm card.
Assembly was undertaken using PVA adhesive, spray-mount adhesive and
clear multi-purpose glue.