Newport Pagnell Methodist Church
Armada Model Designs was delighted to support Newport Pagnell Methodist Church's Bicentenary Celebrations in 2015 by providing a highly accurate model of the church building for fundraising purposes.
Les Driver, the church's Property Steward stated that "All profits from our various Bicentenary events are being split equally between the Willen Hospice, a local Hospice Care centre, and The Karibuni Trust, a charity working with Street Children & Orphans in Kenya". We at Armada wish them all the best in their various fund-raising endeavours.
The Methodist church in Newport Pagnell is a Grade 2 listed building that was constructed in 1815 - the same year that Napoleon was defeated at Waterloo. The building is described by the Newport Pagnell Historical Society as follows: Set back from the High Street, this church has typical chapel architecture of the period - strong and severe, but with a touch of elegance about the frontage.
The English Heritage List Entry, made in 1972, details the important architectural features as follows: Red brick, Welsh slated roof with gable to road, dentilled cornice. 3 sashes in reveals with semi-circular arches. Arched doorway with fanlight. Oval plaque in gable: "The Wesleyan Chapel 1815".